Your privacy is important to us. It is SimpleBackups’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://bqckup.com, and other sites we own and operate.
1. Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
Business data refers to data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on our platform. This may include transaction records, stored files, user profiles, analytics data and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as users interact with our services.
2. Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to provide you with our platform’s core features;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; and
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators.
5. Your rights and controlling your personal information
You do not have to provide us with personal information, however, otherwise it may affect your use of this website or the products and/or services offered on or through it.
Limit: You can choose to limit the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously consented to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to limit or limit the way we process your personal information, we will tell you how those restrictions affect your use of the website or our products and services.
Data access and portability: You can request details of the personal information we hold about you. You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV or other machine-readable format. You can request that we delete the personal information we hold about you at any time. You can also request that we transfer this personal information to other third parties.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Data breach notice: We will comply with the laws that apply to us with respect to any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have violated the relevant data protection laws and wish to file a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the results of our investigation and the steps we will take to address your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt out using the unsubscribe facility provided in the communication.
8. Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
10. Changes to this policy
This policy is effective as of 1 August 2022.